IEC can make a difference and drive changes by providing you with the following services:
- Market assessments – Analysis of market conditions to expose gaps in market provision and ensure proposed projects meet identified need.
- Planning appraisal – Review relevant policy, core strategy and other key strategies to identify potential uses of a site or property from informal consultations through to planning application processes.
- Options identification and appraisal – Establishing optimum scheme proposals through detailed testing of scenarios to ensure the best possible outcome is achievable.
- Development and viability appraisals –Preparing financial appraisals and models to test viability, profitability, land value and/or public investment needed to facilitate delivery.
What is IEC View on Feasibility & Viability Appraisal
The starting point for any project is a consideration of its feasibility from a planning point of view. It is no good have the grandest of designs fulfilled by beautiful architectural drawings only to find that the Planning application is refused.
Although not the sexiest element of the project it is fundamental to a successful one. We are often brought in at a later stage by clients who have unintentionally been led to believe that permission would be forthcoming only to be disappointed and either disheartened to the extent of giving up their dreams or effectively been forced to start again which inevitably leads to increased and unnecessary costs.
Feasibility studies are becoming an increasingly large part of our workload as the message of the planning maze is seeping into everyone’s consciousness. IEC are led by an ethical stance which will honestly provide an opinion on your schemes prospects through to planning permission. As much as the client wants permission we want to ensure that what is applied for has a real chance of achieving the successful outcome at the earliest opportunity.
Our process will consider all the available evidence in a robust way, we will undertake:-
- A Site visit.
- An appraisal of planning history of the site.
- Establish the salient planning policy issues.
- Establish the physical constraints.
- Review of the options.
- Identify the best way forward.
Once completed we will provide a formal report and look forward to an excellent working relationship all the way through to Planning Permission and the start of your build.